With so many styles of wigs on the market, choosing the right wigs can be a bit confusing. However, if you are looking for wigs for round faces, you are not alone.
To help you choose the right wigs for round faces, we have listed some helpful tips in this article.
2 Ways to Identify Your Face Shape
The shape of your face is important when deciding to choose the best haircut and wig style that will look good on you.
1. Mirror Method
Just stand and face in front of the mirror, then pull your hair back. Using lipstick or marker, trace an outline of your face in the mirror.
You can then compare the outlined shape on the mirror with the different face shapes here.
2. Measuring Method
Using a tape measure or a ruler, measure across your cheekbones, jawline, forehead, and the tip of your hairline up to the bottom of your chin.
If your face width and length are about the same and you have no angles to your chin, then you have a round face shape.
You can also easily determine if your face shape is round if your cheekbones are the broadest part of your face.
Which Wigs to Look For Round Face?
- The volume, as well as layers, make your face appear slimmer.
- Ends at the bottom of your chin.
- A longer and thinner fringe.
- A long-length wig that has thin sides.
- A short wig for a round face, but make sure to keep it a natural look.
- A wig that provides additional volume on the top.
Which Wigs to Avoid for Round Face?
- Short-cropped and center parting wigs.
- Chin length wigs.
- Straight chopped or short crop fringes.
Tips to Choose Wigs for Round Face
Choosing the best and most suitable wig is a very important decision. However, nobody wants to wear a wig that looks cheap, makes them feel uncomfortable, and does not suit them.
- Wigs are not created equal: high-quality hairpieces look significantly more realistic compared to cheaper models. However, if you want a wig that looks natural and suitable, then purchase from the well-known wig brands.
- Opt for a wig that features an adjustable size, which ensures a comfortable and snug fit. Looking for a wig that has Velcro tape, hooks, and clips on the inside.
- Make sure to choose a wig suitable for a chubby face that is made of comfortable materials.
- Look for a hairpiece that complements your skin tone. If you have a warm skin tone, go for a wig that has copper-colored reds, ebony brown-black shades, chestnut browns, or honey blondes. But if you have a cool skin tone, you can wear raven black, inky, auburn red, ash brown shades, or platinum blonde.